UCView revamped their video tutorials and its webpage! UCView’s video tutorials now feature simple and concise instructions for EZBoard Basic, EZBoard Dynamic Data, List of Items, and many more. Videos are an educational and resourceful method for learning how to operate the software, set up units, and communicate those much needed messages for your audience. Take advantage of these free and simple step-by-step instructional videos available for both novice and advanced end-users.
Posted by Christine on 03/27 at 02:37 PMCategories: News |
Motion sensors, facial recognition, audience analytics are just a few possibilities digital signage may offer your business. People who have adopted digital signage as their main means of communication have discovered, or are in the process of discovering, its unique manner of attracting, engaging, and connecting with their target population.
However, despite its many advantages and evidence that shows digital signage as being one of the most engaging forms of communication; there many corporations that are still apprehensive about adopting digital signage. These corporations often rely on print advertisement. But unlike digital signage, there is no way of knowing if your print ad is actually effective in targeting your audience. In addition it’s extremely costly to design and print static ads.
1) The cost of owning and maintaining a digital signage network is actually a lot lower than many companies think. Companies today are deciding to use digital signage more than ever. Due its emergence, scalability, and long-term use, digital signage is now considered to be one of the most cost-effective forms of communication. In addition, digital signage is extremely easy to install, much like your PC at home.
2) Perhaps a company feels like they do not have the resources available to setup a digital signage display. They may not have an IT department available to run the content they need; however, having an IT team is not necessary to run digital signage. The majority of signage is now cloud-based and free support and updates are included. This removes the necessity of running a server in-house to manage the network. Digital signage is not just a device used within large corporations, it can even found all over small mom-and-pop shops. What makes it even better is that the digital signage software is so simple to navigate through, customize, and publish ads.
3) The majority of the signage products available now include embedded Wi-Fi. This removes the need for complicated wiring and offers hassle-free setup.
4) Social media is a powerful tool which allows for companies to communicate on a much higher level. Almost every company today has a Twitter or Facebook page. You can advertise your social media sites on print, but where is that going to take you. With digital signage you can actually integrate social media feeds right onto the screen. Customers can even use their mobile devices to interact with your company’s social media site (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and view their messages in real-time.
5) Digital signage is flexible and can be used across a wide range of applications, not just for large scale corporations. Its small form-factor solution allows for it to be deployed in all sorts of environments, including small start-up companies. Due its added capabilities, such as touch screen technology, there are multiple possibilities that digital signage offers for both small and large businesses.
Posted by Christine on 03/20 at 02:51 PMCategories: News |
UCView revamped their digital signage content store webpage. UCView provides their users access to the world’s largest digital signage app store with over fifty different apps to choose from. UCView’s app store offers practical and unique content that can be used across multiple industries for free or at a very low-price. Users can select apps from various categories, such as Social Media, RSS News, Weather, Finance Data, Information, Streaming TV, and Widgets. Relevant and up to date communication is king for a successful digital signage network, which is why UCView generously offers their users simple to install apps that generate much needed message to their audience in real time. Digital signage software content, such as Instagram or Facebook, allows for businesses to interact and engage with their audience by providing information that’s enjoyable to view and relates to their consumers. UCView allows for their users to implement as many state-of-the-art digital signage content as they would like as well as give them the flexibility to customize their apps.
UCView released two new streaming TV apps in their app store: Reuters Video News and CNN Student Video News.
Reuters is the world’s largest international news agency. UCView’s free digital signage content app allows for you to select and view from various news categories, such as Reuters Breakingviews, business news, entertainment, technology, top news, oddly enough, or newsmaker. In addition, you may also select to view news footage from journalist, Chrystia Freeland.
CNN Student Video News is specifically designed to provide commercial-free daily news programs for middle and high school classrooms. Student News offers students the latest current events and issues shown throughout the world.This free digital signage content app is ideal to use within any classroom setting and can stimulate relevant educational discussions.
These apps also include a scale to gradually adjust the background shade of gray. Reach your audience by providing thought-provoking content that pertains to their interests.
Posted by Christine on 03/06 at 02:46 PMCategories: News |
UCView’s digital signage software now includes a Playlists tab. This new feature, which allows for network operators to view their playlist order, is available under the Campaigns and Ads module. The Playlists tab will only be accessible after an ad has been created and then saved. After an ad has been saved, the network operator will have the flexibility to preview, shuffle, rearrange, and then save the playing order of their playlist. The network operator can also minimize and expand the playlist to view multiple ads at one time. This new feature allows for network operators to view exactly how their ads will be displayed on screen once it’s published.
If you work within the digital signage industry, you already would know that every project you come across is unique. Every customer we come across is unique and require their own customized system which includes content, hardware, and software.
Having the right digital signage software is vital for the success of the digital signage deployment process. It’s important to select software that’s able to handle the unique needs of its clients, which has been UCView’s main goal for many years. UCView’s digital signage network is able to handle both simple and advanced digital signage needs. In order to select the right software, it’s important to look at the following components.
1) Look at the content and determine what you would like to display. Is it basic content, such as text and images, or is it much more sophisticated with high-definition video and sound? 2) What does the customer want to achieve with their digital signage. Perhaps they want to display wayfinding maps for new visitors or highlight hot-selling items in their store. Of course, once customers realize just how customizable and user-friendly the software system is, they would opt to advance their digital signage network to accommodate even more features. 3) It’s important to look at the location and the size of their digital signage network. Is the customer rolling out content to only one store or will it be used across multiple stores throughout the country? UCView offers hardware and software that could be used specifically for one display or up to hundreds spread throughout multiple locations. 4) Each customer is unique in how they want to schedule their content. Some are scheduled to run the same content at the same time every day, whereas, others require unique content to be displayed at certain times of the day. UCView’s software is able to schedule specialized content for specific times of the day or schedule the same content to display daily based on the needs of the customer. 5) The software used needs to be flexible enough to be used for the number of channels needed. UCView’s digital signage software is flexible enough that content could be used repeatedly for every digital sign in the network or could be unique for each display.
Videos have been have been captivating audiences for many years. They not only require very little effort to set up with a user-friendly digital signage software, but the information can be easily retained by your audience. If you decide to display video content for your audience, it’s important to pay attention to the relevance of the video as well as its length.
In order to attract your audience, it’s essential to make sure that the content is relevant to your industry. Therefore, make sure the content is appropriate for your target audience. For example, display financial news for individuals waiting in the lobby of a bank. Try to make sure that the digital signage content is something that pertains to them as it will help them retain the information. As much as you would like to just set up a long video, shorter videos actually tend to have a higher retention rate. Most of your consumers will likely watch the screen for short amount of time and then move on to other tasks. Shorter videos, a minute or less, tend to be the most effective when reaching your audience. In addition, videos are the best method of simplifying complicated information. Therefore, it’s important to make sure these videos are concise, yet still gets the message across to your consumer in a simplified manner.
Content displayed on digital signage screens tend to be one of best forms of memory recall. If your videos are created in-house, make sure to display the most important information first. This is especially useful in areas with high-traffic zones. It may be simple to just upload a video to your digital signage software and let it play all day; however, it’s extremely important to take the time to know your audience and display what’s essential for them.
The Internet of Things – this term has been flooding the web lately, but what does it mean? IoT, which is short for Internet of Things, allows for physical objects to communicate with one another via the Internet.
The Internet of Things enables for you to communicate with the use of devices and objects. These “things” could be anything physical, such as a person or a retail product. In fact, there are well over a million data sources and objects communicating with each other on a daily basis.
Even today, we can see numerous cases of the IoT being integrated with digital signage. The IoT is extremely beneficial for marketing products to the right people. Imagine a customer picking up a skincare product and instantly being informed about its best uses. Instead of hunting down a sales representative to learn more about the skincare product, all of the information the customer needs can display on screen just by picking it up. This effective solution will greatly increase efficiency in any environment.
Another more recent example of IoT being used with digital signage was at a Swedish subway station. The subway platform ads were equipped with sensors in order to detect approaching subway trains. The wind pressure from the train heading towards the station would activate the hair of a model on screen to blow in the wind as she struggled to keep it in place. Passengers waiting for the train were enamored by the lifelike advertisement which promoted a new hair product.
We expect the growth of IoT, integrated with digital signage, to increase at a staggering rate in 2015 and in the years ahead. Technology is starting to play a role in every facet of our lives and digital signage will grow to adopt this trend. It’s slowly moving from just displaying dynamic content on screens to integrating and communicating with the physical environment. Digital signage relies on communicating essential content to the right population at the right time; therefore, it will play a vital role in the IoT and offer innovative solutions in the years ahead.
Posted by Christine on 01/30 at 12:13 PMCategories: News |
Instagram allows for you to post and share your most valuable moments with your friends and family – so why can’t you do the same with your target customers. UCView unveiled a one-of-a-kind Instagram app which allows for you to share your most worthwhile company photos and videos with your audience. Publish images from your school’s fundraising event or the hottest new items released at your retail store. This free digital signage content app displays a sequence of photos and short video clips which will keep your audience entertained at all times. Allow for your audience to even interact with the screen and share their own photos or videos to your digital signage displays. You may even customize the app so it can reflect your company’s image. Build a connection and communicate like never before using the innovative Instagram digital signage app.
How often have you sat in a waiting room and watch a digital signage screen play the same ads over and over again? After the first round of ads your audience will obviously start to lose interest. It’s important to keep your content updated at all times, yet many users don’t realize how easy it is to do this. UCView’s Facebook Posts app offers short videos clips and photos which can be shared from your company’s Facebook page. This dynamic app not only offers thrilling images and clips straight from your Facebook page, but it also promotes you company at the same time. It’s such a simple, yet highly effective solution. Virtually all companies have their own Facebook page which makes this a practical solution in order to keep your content fresh and your audience entertained. This free digital signage content app allows for you to customize and select the number of photos and videos you would like to publish for your displays. Along with your content, you audience will be able to view the number of likes you received on your Facebook page along with the date. Keep your audience entertained at all times with the Facebook Posts app.