Installation of UCView Digital Signage Player
1. Connect the AC power cord to the UCView Player and then to a 120V
2. If you are connecting the player to a wired network, connect a CAT5
Ethernet cable from your network switch to the Ethernet port on the back
of your UCView player. (WHAT IF THEY DONâ€™T HAVE A NETWORK SWITCH?
WHAT OTHER CONNECTION SCENARIOS SHOULD WE ADDRESS?)
3. If you are connecting the player to a wireless network and your player is
equipped with a wireless network card, please attach a keyboard and
mouse to the playerâ€™s serial ports and then configure the wireless connection.(
HOW DO THEY DO THIS? IF THE UNIT IS NOT POWERED UP ALREADY,
HOW DO THEY CONFIGURE IT? ARE THERE THINGS THEY SHOULD KNOW
ABOUT HOW THE PLAYER IN PARTICULAR ACCEPTS WIRELESS SIGNALS?)
4. Connect the playerâ€™s video connection (VGA, DVI, or HDMI depending
on model) to the displayâ€™s connection port. The UCView player accepts
plasma, LCD and CRT monitors as well as various types of projectors.
Check with your technical support representative for allowable types of
5. Turn on your display.
6. Press the Power button located on the front of the player. After the player
turns on it will send a password page to the monitor, like the one shown
WRITE THIS ADDRESS DOWN NOW, BEFORE TURNING OFF THE DISPLAY
OR CONTINUING TO THE NEXT STEP.
You will need this address to set up your display in the Create a New Display section.